Disneyland Paris is the perfect playground for the whole family and a magical place for young children. Children’s dreams become reality as they fly over the roofs of London on Peter Pan’s Flight, follow the White Rabbit into Alice’s Curious Labyrinth, bounce up, down and all around on the back of Slinky Dog Zigzag Spin or experience the excitement of meeting Mickey Mouse or a Disney Princess for the first time.
Travelling with toddlers is easier than ever, with guests being able to take advantage of the many services available for families with young children. From special amenities for babies, pushchair rentals in the theme parks, children’s pools, play areas and in-room babysitting at some Disney Hotels and Resorts, there are plenty of helping hands to make travelling with infants and small children hassle-free.
Disney Characters, Attractions and Entertainment in Disney Parks
Encounters with Disney Characters
Disneyland Paris offers children wonderful opportunities to meet and strike a pose with their favorite Disney characters around the park as well as at special Meet & Greet locations.
Little ones will revel in spending a memorable moment with a Disney Princess in the most enchanting of surroundings, the Princess Pavilion, or enjoy an unforgettable meeting with Mickey Mouse himself at Meet Mickey Mouse.
Fun attractions for little ones
The captivating world of Disneyland Paris includes plenty of family friendly attractions and activities for younger guests to enjoy. Many adventures are under cover so they can enjoy the Parks whatever the weather!
In Disneyland Park, Fantasyland is a hub of activities perfect for young children. Everyone can join in the fun riding Dumbo the Flying Elephant, Le Carrousel de Lancelot and Mad Hatter’s Tea Cups. They can also enjoy the happiest cruise that’s ever sailed on ‘it’s a small world’, set voyage to magical miniature lands on Le Pays des Contes de Fées where Disney moments are bought to life, or join the circus and jump aboard the jolly little train from Dumbo in Casey Jr. – Le Petit Train du Cirque. They can even step into the roles of Snow White, Pinocchio or Peter Pan on Peter Pan’s Flight, Les Voyages de Pinocchio (Pinocchio’s Fantastic Journey) and Blanche Neige et les Sept Nains (Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs). In Disneyland Park, there are plenty of places for children to play, with play spots like Adventure Isle or Pirates’ Beach in Adventureland and Frontierland Playground in Frontierland ready to be explored.
In Walt Disney Studios Park, little ones are welcomed by the Genie from Aladdin to ride Les Tapis Volants – Flying Carpets over Agrabah. They can embark on family-friendly adventures in the universe of the Disney Pixar film Toy Story in Slinky Dog Zigzag Spin, a lively attraction in Toy Story Playland, or shrink down to the size of Chef Remy and embark on a 4D adventure in Ratatouille: The Adventure in Toon Studios.
A world of entertainment
In Disneyland Park children will enjoy the colourful costumes and magical music of Disney Stars on Parade, a daily parade that features a huge array of much-loved Disney characters, Disney themed floats and even a fire-breathing dragon. At nighttime, they will gaze in awe at Sleeping Beauty Castle as Mickey leads them through a dazzling display of Disney stories during the spectacular Disney Illuminations show.
In Walt Disney Studios Park, little ones can see Mickey Mouse on stage at Animagique Theater to experience the illusions and spellbinding effects of the spectacular Mickey and the Magician show. In Spring 2020, children and their families will be welcomed to a brand new interactive show, taking place in Studio D, in the company of Mickey, Minnie and their friends from Disney Junior. This new experience will give little ones the chance to sing and dance alongside their favorite characters.
Benefits in Disney Parks that make every minute more magical
The many added services at Disneyland Paris makes visiting with toddlers easy:
- The “Rider Switch” option lets families with young children smaller than the height limit (at certain attractions) take turns without having to go back and queue a second time. One parent can wait with their young child while the other parent rides the attraction, the parents can then swap and ride again with minimal wait time.
- The standard FASTPASS system (subject to availability), included in all Disneyland Paris Park Tickets, allows guests to cut down queue time on some of our most popular attractions from Peter Pan’s Flight in Disneyland Park to Ratatouille: The Adventure in the Walt Disney Studios Park. After inserting their Disney Park ticket at the FASTPASS attractions, guests receive their return time ticket to the attraction and board via the FASTPASS entrance. A Super FASTPASS is available to purchase and allows Guests to one-time speedy access to three of the most popular family attractions whenever they want during the day.
- If guests are travelling with a young baby the Baby Care Centres at Disneyland Park and Walt Disney Studios Park provide a place to tend to baby’s needs, including warming up bottles and meals (all restrooms throughout the resort are equipped with changing tables). Nappies and baby food can be purchased here, and it is also used as a meeting point should parents become separated from their children.
- Children can get their own name badge which not only adds to the magic but also allows the child’s name, hotel name, room number and local contact phone details to be added on the back, just in case a child becomes separated from its parents in the buzz of all the Parks.
Amenities and services for kiddies in Disney Hotels and Resorts
When staying at Disneyland Paris, guests have the choice between two types of accommodations that are conveniently designed for families with young kids:
- Disney Hotels are closely located to the Parks and free shuttles provide frequent transfers taking less than 10 minutes to reach the magic. Each Disney Hotel allows guests to live a different Disney dream, with theming from the Wild West of Disney’s Hotel Cheyenne to the nautical delights of Disney’s Newport Bay Club Hotel. Meet & Greets with Disney Characters happen every morning, with kids being able to meet their favorite friends before even entering the Disney Parks! Additional highlights include kids corners and children’s pools. In Disneyland Hotel, Minnie Club Playroom (with trained supervision), in a Fantasia-themed setting, will keep the little ones happy and safe whilst their parents enjoy a worry-free break.
- Disney Nature Resorts are easily accessible to the Parks by car, offering a more independent and private atmosphere as they are equipped with a kitchen as well as separate bedrooms. Additionally, they offer many onsite activities for young kids such as swimming pools or outdoor play areas. On top of that, the natural setting enables kids to discover and be dazzled by nature while parents relax in the secluded world of Disney Nature Resorts.
Both types of accommodations offer specific in-room amenities for kids such as baby cots, bottle warmers, changing tables and other services that are tailored to children and their families, for example shops, in-room TVs equipped with Disney Channel as well as a babysitting service (excluding Les Villages Nature Paris).
Dining to suit the whole family
Disney Character Dining Experiences are perfect for families with young children. Guests will enjoy a delicious meal alongside the most beloved Disney Characters who will be ready to give their autograph and have a photo or two!
The Auberge de Cendrillon in Disneyland Park offers royal meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner accompanied by Disney Princesses. For breakfast, guests can also head over to Plaza Gardens Restaurant (Disneyland Park), an American-style buffet, with Mickey and friends in an elegant Victorian setting. For lunch and dinner, guests choose from many delicious international dishes at the buffet restaurant whilst meeting with Disney Characters at Restaurant Inventions (Disneyland Hotel). During dinner, guests can spend quality time with Mickey and friends, all whilst tucking into delicious pizzas, pastas and desserts at Café Mickey (Disney Village).
And for the icing on the cake, little ones can celebrate their birthday at table service and buffet restaurants in Disney Parks, Disney Village and Disney’s Hotels & Resorts (except Villages Nature Paris).
A wide range of restaurants can be found at Disneyland Paris so every child will find something to enjoy, with restaurants offering a vast variety of culinary menus. Meals with the Disney Check symbol have been developed especially with children’s nutritional requirements in mind.
All restaurants are family friendly, equipped with high chairs and microwaves that can be used to warm up baby-bottles and food. Additionally, they can all cater to the needs of every guest, with menu items for guests with specific dietary requirements.
Exclusive Dining Experiences at Disneyland Paris are incredibly popular, and reservations are therefore highly recommended. Many of these special experiences can be reserved upon booking, with other dining reservations able to be made two months prior to travel.
Thanks to a huge array of magical attractions, shows and services for children of all ages, Disneyland Paris is the perfect destination for families with babies and toddlers.