The hotels at Disneyland Paris are a true extension of the experience guests enjoy in the Parks, and they reflect the attention the company gives to details and to service. While a major refurbishing program is being carried out throughout the hotel pole, Disneyland® Paris has taken a certain number of initiatives to meet guests’ expectations as to quality and to increase their satisfaction. Following the article on the sources of inspiration of the Disney hotels, the second chapter in our series is dedicated to the hotels themselves.
Staying at Disneyland Paris: exclusive advantages
Aside from their majestic architecture, each Disney hotel tells a unique story supported by a number of details. This experience of being carried to another reality contributes to the experience the guest wants to prolong by not leaving the Disney universe at the end of his day. By choosing a Disney hotel you are also going to enjoy dedicated services: your shopping at the hotel boutique delivered in your room, the transfer of your luggage from the TGV / Eurostar station, admission into the park up to 2h prior to the opening to the public to enjoy the attractions and have an exclusive encounter with the Disney characters. And certain categories of rooms also offer FastPass tickets to further enjoy the theme parks.
A renewed experience to improve guest hospitality
Disneyland Paris continues to upgrade its hotels, through improved service and offers. A great number of initiatives have been launched since last year, among them:
– Free WiFi is now available in all the hotels and their Convention Centres as well as in the Golf Disneyland clubhouse; WiFi printers are made available to the guests to print their boarding passes (except at Ranch Davy Crockett)
– The hotels offer H2O top range toiletries, in line with other Disney establishments throughout the world
– The Disneyland Hotel offers an artist rendering of a ‘silhouette cut-out’ for an original souvenir
– New information technologies have been set up to welcome guests at the restaurants (menus on iPad at the California Grill, tactile information screen tested in the hall of Disney’s Hotel New York , iPad used in the receptions and conciergeries)
– To meet guest requests, a meal with Disney characters is now available at the restaurant Inventions at the Disneyland Hotel, and the suites display a new signage system when the cleaning teams are present
– Various rugs have been replaced and the pedestrian passages and the lighting in and near the Disneyland, New York, Sequoia Lodge, Cheyenne and Santa Fe hotels have been refurbished, while accessibility for people with a disability has been a strong criteria throughout these works
– External furniture has been added to the rooms with a terrace at Disney’s Hotel New York
– An environment-friendly horse-drawn refuse cart has been introduced at Disney’s Davy Crockett Ranch to pick up the garbage while participating to the show
– Showers for persons with a disability have been installed in all the pool areas
– The menus in the hotel bars have been completely thought out and personalised
Continue to invest in experience quality
This program, aimed at revamping and improving our products and services, will be carried out throughout 2015 and beyond: indeed, the recapitalisation project initiated in 2014 gives the company the necessary flexibility to continue investing, and the means to meet its ambitions. These expenses can be the extension of WiFi areas in the economy hotels, the replacement of furniture around the pool areas, modern telephones, the continued replacement of TV sets by connected flat screens and the use of new, elegant bed covers of better quality. Disneyland Paris is also studying the use of new technologies to help guests in their hotel experience.
The program is ambitious, not to mention all the changes brought about by the in-depth renovation of each hotel of the group. We will dedicate the next two articles in this series to the Disneyland Paris hotels. Stay connected!